Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pregnancy: 32 Weeks & Ultrasound

In less than 8 weeks the newest member of the family will arrive and change our lives forever.  I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of having a baby in our home again.  It doesn't seem possible that Mollie is already a toddler and she is no longer a little baby.  She's going to be an awesome big sister!


Today we had our 32 week prenatal appointment and an ultrasound done.  Rory weighs 4 lbs 6 oz and they said that he is measuring right on track for 32 weeks.  His heart rate was 134 bpm.

32 weeks 1 day - Profile Picture

Now that I am all healed up from surgery I have been so much more active.  I can actually clean the house, go to the grocery store and play with Mollie and not have to sit down every 5 minutes because of the pain and swelling that I had.  Things are going great!

We listed our house for sale last Friday and have 4 scheduled showings already.  We are hoping it sells fast so that we can get moved in to our new home.  I feel like we may be a little crazy for trying to sell our house right towards the end of this pregnancy but I know things will work out just fine. 

BABY UPDATE:
Symptoms: I have been getting a little heart burn here and there lately but nothing too bad yet.  Acne is back in full attack mode.  It had cleared up for a few weeks but it is making another appearance!

Baby Movement: He doesn't stop much, I feel him throughout the day quite a bit and still feel him moving in the middle of the night too.  I love it!

Contractions: The Braxton Hicks contractions have slowed way down, not getting them very often anymore. 

Baby Measurements: 4 lbs 6 oz  - He will double in size over the next 8 weeks!!

Next Prenatal Appointment: June 22nd - After this appointment I will start going every week.  WHAT!?!?!  How is this possible, I still feel like I should be in my first trimester.  SLOW DOWN TIME!!!

Stretch Marks: No

Food Cravings:  Dairy Queen Blizzard!  I have had a mega sweet tooth and I fixed it with a Cherry Cheesecake Blizzard from DQ.  I'm still craving watermelon too, just made a trip to the store last night to buy more.  I was also craving a kale salad with fruit (pictured below) which I made for lunch.

Kale, carrots, blueberries, strawberries, avocado (not in picture, added before eating) and a side of sugar snap peas.

Baby Buys: Went to Carter's at the Mall of America last week and bought Rory a baby blanket and a new outfit.  This is only the second time I have bought anything new from the store for him.  I have been trying to purchase everything from Ebay or at rummage sales.  All the 0-6 month size used clothing has zero wear and tear so it is practically new and a fraction of the cost! 




I have been storing Rory's clothes in a couple of Mollie's dresser drawers.  I told her the clothes were for Rory so she wasn't allowed to take them out of the drawer.  She must have noticed that most of the clothes were blue because the other day I was going to dress her in a blue/white striped tunic with blue leggings and she kept saying "No, Rory's".  She thought because they were blue that she wasn't suppose to wear them.  Too cute! :)

Have a great day!

xoxo
Kari




1 comment:

  1. Four scheduled showings already? Wow! Your house must be one of those houses that are hot in the market. You have no updates regarding this on your latest posts. I wonder if you have sold your house already, and if you did not have to do short sale just to close a deal. Congratulations on the newest member of your family, by the way!

    Calvin Mordarski

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...