Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pregnancy: 28 Weeks (7 Months)

This pregnancy has been very eventful to say the least.  Things seem to be finally calming down and my fingers are crossed in hopes that I can relax and enjoy the rest of the weeks to come before our baby arrives.  During this pregnancy I have endured physical therapy appointments for a neck injury, the joys of morning sickness and then surgery to repair an inguinal hernia and an extremely painful varicose vein.  Now that I am on the road to recovery I am feeling better and starting to get back on my feet again.  I am really happy that it is Spring now and I look foward to the nice weather and getting outside for some fresh air and walks with the family.  I am still on activity restriction for a little while longer and am not able to lift anything over 20 lbs for another 2-3 weeks (not being able to pick Mollie up has been the hardest thing).  Jason has been an angel and has helped take care of me and Mollie.  My Mom and Step-Dad also came and stayed a few different times to help out around the house and to help take care of Mollie.

So here we are at 7 months pregnant and August 2nd will be here in a blink of an eye.  We are currently looking at buying a new house and getting ours sold.  Our home only has our master bedroom and one other bedroom upstairs (two more bedrooms are downstairs).  We are eager to find a house with three rooms on the main floor so that both the kids have their own room.  It's crunch time!  Ideally we would love to have this all happen with in the next couple of months but selling/buying a house is quite the process.  I am hoping things will fall into place for us and it will be a smooth transition. 

Baby Update:
Symptoms - Fatigue!  Even though I have a body pillow to help with comfort at night, I am still finding it hard to get comfortable enough to sleep well.  I guess I will be prepared for sleepless nights when the baby arrives!  As far as the acne goes, it has actually cleared up a bit.  YAY!

Baby Movement - Rory is a mover and a shaker, especially at night.  When I wake up in the middle of the night I can often feel him moving around too.  The last couple of weeks I have been able to feel when he has hiccups.  This usually happens about once a day. 

Contractions - Still getting the Braxton Hicks contractions frequently.  I still notice they happen more when I have a full bladder or when I am sitting straight up or leaning forward. 

Baby Measurments - At 28 weeks the baby measures about 14.8 inches long and weighs about 2 3/4 lbs. 

Next Prenatal Check-up - Friday, May 11th.  It's time for my glucose screening!  Bring on the "orange drink".  Some people have trouble drinking it and say it's dreadful.  When I did the test during my first pregnancy I personally did not have any trouble with the drink and I honestly didn't think it was bad at all. 

Stretch Marks - None

Food Cravings - This past week or so I have been craving ice cream and cherries.  I have been on a kick with eating pears too, I eat one almost every day.

Baby Buys - I have finally started buying clothes for Rory.  Up until now I have been holding off because I went overboard with Mollie and ended up with WAY too much stuff.  Over the past week I have been buying sleepers, onesies and socks on Ebay and from a couple of friends who were selling their baby boy clothes.  I have found some amazing deals!  For example I found 30 pairs 0-6 month socks for only 15 cents a piece!  SCORE! 

Baby Bump Update - I am feeling super stretched right now.  I can tell my belly is expanding and feels really tight.  Definitely in the third trimester now!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...