Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pregnancy: 25 Weeks

Gender: Boy
Baby Name: Rory - In Irish, the name Rory means- famous ruler, red.  This was the name of the last king of Irelend, Rory O'Connor.
Total Weight Gain: 25.4 pounds
Belly measurement: 38 inches
Favorite Clothes: Sweat pants and maternity tank or tee
Stretch marks: No, didn't get any from the first pregnancy so I'm hoping the same goes for this one! 
*I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula on my belly daily after getting out of the shower.

Sleep: Not very comfortable, I toss and turn about 134 times each night.  Okay, so maybe not that much but I am using a body pillow which is hard to switch from side to side when I need to move. 
Nesting: I have been organizing and tossing things out left and right.  I have this major urge to purge!  It's nice because my kitchen cabinets are getting organized, closets have more room in them and the house seems cleaner than ever! 
Cravings: Fresh strawberries, rice crispy treats and I have been really excited for my daughter's birthday coming up this weekend so I can enjoy a piece of cake!  :)
Contractions: Braxton Hicks have been happening quite a bit each day lately.  They are just a mild contraction that makes my belly feel really tight, usually happens when I have a full bladder or if I'm leaning foward while sitting.  They last about a minute or less.
Pregnancy Symptoms: Acne!  Yikes, I am breaking out so bad.  I am getting zits above my lip and on my chin really bad.  My hair has been getting really thick too.  Time for a haircut!
Baby Measurements: At 25 weeks the baby measures about 13.5 inches long and is about 1.5 pounds. 
Best Moment This Week: Feeling the baby move so much, he's an active little guy!


This Weeks Happenings In Our Life: Mollie's birthday party is this weekend, she is turning 2!  We are having family come over for lunch on Saturday.  I plan on serving BBQ's, salad and some fabulous cake.  In other news, I go to see a general surgeon tomorrow (Friday) to discuss the inguinal hernia surgery.  I have TONS of questions I need answered because I am feeling extremely nervous about the surgery during pregnancy.  **UPDATE: I have been scheduled for surgery on Monday.  It's been chaotic the past few days trying to line up things for work, figuring out who can help take care of Mollie and Jason deciding what days he needs to take off work.  Fingers are crossed and I'm hoping everything goes well. 

Hope you are all having a fantastic week!

xoxo
Kari


2 comments:

  1. good luck! sending positive thoughts your way!!!
    -caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the surgery goes well, I'm sure you'll be just fine :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...