Saturday, April 14, 2012

Healthy Chicken Fajita Bake

My mouth was watering as I smelled this wonderful chicken fajita bake in the oven.  I could not wait to dig in.  I found the recipe from a mommy vlogger on YouTube and I will put the link down below to her video.  This was beyond simple to make and simply delicious to eat.  This is going to be on a regular rotation in this household from now on.  Give it a try and I hope you love it as much as my family did. 
Sliced green pepper, red pepper and onion.

Under the veggies are the chicken breasts which I first cut into thick stips.
After my husband and I dished out our portions we still had this much leftover.  I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow!

Garnish with 0% plain greek yogurt and a little reduced fat shredded cheese and serve on a whole grain tortilla.  I think this would be great served over brown rice as well.

Chicken Fajita Bake

1 large green bell pepper
1 large red bell pepper
1/2 large onion or one small onion
2 boneless chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Slice the peppers, onion and chicken into strips.  Spray a 9 x 13 glass pan with Pam Olive Oil Spray.  First place your strips of chicken on the bottom of pan and then evenly spread out the veggies on top.  Season with salt, pepper, chili powder and Mrs. Dash original blend.

Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until chicken is done and veggies are done to your liking.  Serve on a whole wheat tortilla or over brown rice.  Garnish with 0% plain greek yogurt (I use Chobani) and reduced fat shredded cheese.  I think a squeezing fresh lime juice over this would be fantastic too but unfortunately I was out of limes when I made this.

ENJOY! :)

xoxo
Kari

Here is the video from CandidMommy on YouTube!

3 comments:

  1. I always love reading your blog!! im at 12 weeks today and a fellow TIU girl!! Hey do you have any pregnancy workouts or dvd suggestions?? I love all your snack suggestions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No seasonings?No comino, or oregano or garlic??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...