Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Baby Burghardt is a....

BOY!  We're having a baby boy!  I don't know what the deal is but I am over the moon excited about having a little boy.  Mollie is going to be the best big sister, Daddy is going to have a golfing buddy and I am going to have a precious little child to hold and love unconditionally forever. 


If you ask Mollie if she is having a brother or sister she will tell you matter of factly..."NO!".  If you ask her if Mommy is having a boy or girl she will also tell you..."NO!"  I have a little video clip of her doing this and it's pretty darn cute.  No matter when we ask we always get the same answer. 



During our ultrasound the baby felt like he was practicing some dance moves.  The ultrasound tech was laughing because she could feel him moving around so much.  It was awesome!  We were able to see the baby open it's mouth and it looked like he was talking.  Every time she would show us a shot of his hands it looked like he was pointing at something with his index finger.  Cutest thing ever!  It took about three separate tries to see the gender but on the last attempt she was able to get a clear view.  Jason and I were so excited.  I felt like I was on cloud 9 after the appointment and I kept getting butterflies in my stomach.  It is an overwhelming feeling of pure bliss knowing that we have this huge blessing coming into our lives soon.  We can't wait to meet him!

ULTRASOUND PICTURES
22 Weeks 4 Days
Profile

Bottom of Foot

Hands

Baby's Heart Rate: 142
Weight: 1 lb. 2 oz.

I wasn't able to see OBGYN today.  We were told she was called over to the hospital for an emergency so we rescheduled for another day.  I did have some questions for her but it can wait until next time.  I have had some major pain from a inguinal hernia and had gone to see a general surgeon who actually scheduled me for surgery.  The idea of surgery during pregnancy FREAKED me out and made me extremely nervous.  Long story short: I called a surgical facility in a nearby city to get a second opinion and they strongly disagreed with the first doctor.  They said they would NOT do surgery unless it was an emergency.  I was told the pain will probably get worse but going through surgery is too risky to the baby.  I am hoping my doctor has some suggestions on how to manage the pain over the next four months.  At this point I have a hard time picking up my daughter and most of the time I can't stand longer than 5 minutes without being in pain.

Enough about that not-so-fun stuff.  On to happier topics!  As soon as we left the clinic I told Jason we had to go buy something for our baby boy.  We headed to Target and picked out a couple things.  It's quite a transition from buying everything that is pink with ruffles and polka dots to things that are blue and well, boy-ish!  It was fun!  Here's what we found.

Lots of onesies, socks and a sleeper.  I'm loving all the monkey themes!

BABY BUMP SHOT!
22 Weeks 5 Days



xoxo
Kari 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...