Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Strawberry Lime Protein Waffle

This morning I was craving the Lemon Tarte protein pancake from the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan but I was out of lemons.  I did have a lime though!  I started looking through all the wonderful pancake recipes from the latest edition of the TIU plan and decided to mix and match a few recipes to come up with one that would be good with lime juice in it!  That's when the Strawberry Lime pancake was born.  I will be making this again tomorrow morning, yes, it was that good. 

Strawberry Lime Protein Waffle
1/4 C Egg Whites
1 T Ground Flax Seed
1 T Strawberry Jam
1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
1/2 Lime - squeezed
3 T Cottage Cheese (mash on plate with fork first) or you can use 3 T Plain Greek Yogurt 0%
1 tsp Stevia (all natural sweetener)
2 Strawberries sliced (set aside to put on waffle before eating)

Preheat your waffle iron.  Mix all ingredients (except sliced strawberries) in a small bowl.  When waffle iron is ready spray with Pam non-stick spray, pour in your batter and close the lid.  That's it! So simple, now go enjoy that yummy waffle topped with strawberries and a little 100% pure maple syrup if you like. 

If you don't have a waffle maker, this can be made just like a pancake on a skillet.

Black & Decker Belgium Waffle Maker

I wish I had prettier pictures to share but I made this before the sun came up so the lighting wasn't the best.  I hope you give it a try! :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog!! I am 6 weeks pregnant with my first and your like the Tone it up pregnant girl! I love it! so inspiring;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choosing the best waffle maker for your kitchen is somewhat a deliberate process because you need to consider exactly what type of griddle you are looking for and to perfectly understand the maintenance of the gadget.

    Waffle on a stick

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...