Monday, March 12, 2012

Pregnant Girl Diet

I have had quite a few of my fellow Tone It Up teammates ask me if I still stick to the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan now that I am pregnant.  The answer is YES!  I am not as strict as I was when I wasn't pregnant though.  For example I sometimes have carbs at dinner like whole wheat pasta or whole wheat buns for a sandwich.  I decided to document a day of meals to show you an idea of what I eat in a day.  I think it's super important to eat nutritious foods so that the baby can grow and have the best healthy start at life as possible.  By the way I will be 5 months pregnant this Thursday!! 

This morning I started out with the TIU Egg White Scramle, I didn't have spinach or tomatoes so I just used what I had on hand.  I sprayed a small pan with Pam EVOO spray and cooked chopped asparagus, onions and green peppers.  When they were done I added 1/3 C of egg whites and seasoned with Mrs. Dash original blend.  I ate my eggs with a side of fresh strawberries.


By mid-morning I was ready for a little snack to hold me over until lunch so I whipped up a little protein smoothie which I posted the recipe in a separate blog post earlier today.  It was absolutely the best one I had made in awhile and it hit the spot!  It had banana, strawberries, orange juice and vanilla whey protein powder along with a couple other ingredients. 

Jason asked if I could bring him lunch at work today and he wanted a sandwhich.  I thought that sounded good and since I was already getting out the fixings to make one, why not make two?  So we had a simple turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with a wedge of tomato basil Laughing Cow cheese (I use this instead of mayo, it's only 35 calories per wedge), green peppers, pickles, lettuce and a few thin slices of cheddar cheese. 

Afternoon snack: Black cherry Chobani greek yogurt with 1/4 C granola.  I shared this with my daughter, Mollie, who is home with me all week since daycare is closed. 

Dinner time!  Tonight I made my favorite Healthy BBQ's made with ground turkey and my secret ingredient...grated carrots.  I guess it's not really a secret is it!?  You can find my recipe here.  Served up with a side of corn. 


My snack tonight will be cut up Watermelon that I have been snacking on like a crazy lady.  I have had a huge craving for it and it's just so dang good, not to mention guilt free! 

Have a great day!!
xoxo
Kari






1 comment:

  1. It is always good to have a little food inspiration...thanks! I too have been having major pregnancy cravings for watermelon. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...