Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pregnant Girl Diet: Meal & Snack Ideas Part II

It feels so good to be craving all these healthy foods again!  I feel like I am back on track.  That first trimester really threw me for a loop.  I will be 22 weeks pregant this Thursday and I am so excited because we will have our ultrasound soon!  We will hopefully be finding out if Baby B is a girl or boy on April 2nd!

Baby Bump 21 weeks 5 days.

I thought I would share some healthy meals and snacks that I have made in the past week or so.  This is my second meal/snack post.  Like I said last time I love to see what other people are making because sometimes you just need some help deciding what to make or need some inspiration.

Hydration is key!  Start your day with at least 8 ounces.

My favorite way to flavor water is to throw in some cut up strawberries and lemons (limes are great too!).  Aim for half of your body weight in ounces every day.

Breakfast: Most important meal of the day, fuel up! :)

French Toast: made with whole wheat raisin bread, egg whites, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla & almond extract.  Served with a few strawberries on the side which Mollie ended up stealing. :)

Strawberry Lime Protein Pancakes with a side of sliced strawberries.

Tone It Up - Egg White Scramble with spinach, zucchini, mushrooms and green peppers.  Slice of whole wheat raisin toast with non-dairy butter spread.

Kashi whole grain waffle with 1 T natural peanut butter and green apple slices.  This would make a good mid-morning snack too!

Lunch:
Something not too heavy so you don't fall into an "after lunch coma"!
Salmon Wrap (2.5 oz salmon with mustard, diced green peppers, carrots, pickles or cucumbers, fresh spinach and avocado on a high fiber whole grain wrap.  This recipe was inspired by my favorite health and fitness blog, Peanut Butter Fingers.

naVeggie pasta with spinach chicken sausage, green beans, carrots, fresh mushrooms and 1/4 C spaghetti sauce.  Top with a little low fat mozzarella cheese.  I made this for Jason the other day to take to out to work. 

Homemade turkey burger (lean turkey, chopped spinach, egg whites & Mrs. Dash).  Serve on whole wheat bread with lettuce, pickles, provolone and organic ketchup.  Side of grapes not pictured.

Snacks, snacks, snacks! :)

Choc Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie

Fruit salad & Lemon Chobani 0% greek yogurt

Snacks to go: Chobani and 1/4 C granola, water with strawberries & limes and a pear.

Grapes, sliced apple and cheddar cheese (pregnancy craving big time!).

Green Julius (heathly verson of orange julis)

Plum & water...that's simple right!?

Dinner: 
Alwasy a challenge to get dinner ready in our house. I have to plan ahead, I hate deciding last minute what to make.   


Grilled chicken and roasted veggies.

Homemade pizza on whole grain crust with spinach, green peppers, mushrooms, canadian bacon and low fat mozzarella cheese.

Turkey Loaf made with lean ground turkey, egg whites, chopped spinach, pepper, Mrs. Dash, garlic and dry mustard.  Topped with 2 T BBQ sauce. 

Have a great day!! :)
xoxo
Kari





9 comments:

  1. thank you so much for these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look AWESOME! now i'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very important for the mother to prepare a Pregnancy Diet chart for herself. The mothers are advised to follow the diet during pregnancy..thanks for sharing the information through your post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don`t know pregnant girl have diet but this look amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you oh so much. With this pregnancy (2nd) I am still over weight (lost all the baby weight though from first) so I do not see it as a diet but healthier eating. I knew water was important but I forgot I could flavour it :). Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A diet does not mean weight loss, a diet is the kind of food you eat regularly.

      Delete
  6. This even looks excellent for non-pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A loaf of whole wheat bread contains 600 calories people eat. So, enough to meet the needs of additional calories during pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! The pics look really good and easy to try :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...