Monday, March 5, 2012

Pregnancy: Week 18

Holy sunshine!  We are getting so close to the mid-way point of the pregnancy! I had a prenatal appointment today which always prompts to get a blog update done.  The doctor asked me a few questions and listened to the baby's heartbeat.  All was fantastic!  I told her I don't feel the baby move very often, about once a day or every other day.  With my first pregnancy I felt the baby move all the time starting at 15 weeks.  She told me each baby is different and not to worry about it.  She mentioned that sometimes the placenta is positioned in a way that cushions the baby's movement therefore making it harder to feel.  I am sure as the baby grows I will start feeling him/her more often. 


I was sent over to the lab for blood work to test for genetic conditions or birth defects.  The results will be back in about a week.  These tests were optional but I think it's important to check.  My doctor also had me set up my next ultrasound which will be done on April 2nd.  I will then be 22 weeks and 4 days along.  I was sort of bummed because I was hoping they would do the ultrasound sooner ( like at 20 weeks which is less than a week and a half away) but she just wanted to do it the same day as my next prenatal appointment which is four weeks away.  I am sure the days will fly by as they have been up to this point. 


I am excited to find out if we are having a boy or girl.  I think it would be awesome to have a little boy so my hubby has a little man to teach golf to, play in the dirt with and all the other wonderful manly things.  If we have a boy we already have a name picked out.  If we have a girl, no name has been decided as of yet but she will have TONS of clothes to wear that big sister Mollie barely wore (some never worn).  I went way overboard buying clothes for her.  I have learned my lesson.  Babies grow way to fast and Mollie didn't wear half of things I bought because she grew out of sizes so quickly. 

Cravings:
Watermelon, peanut butter/honey on whole wheat toast, homemade chicken noodle soup and extra sharp cheddar cheese.


Baby's length:
Approximately 5.5" long.


Fun Stuff: 
I bought a fetal doppler heart monitor online for about $50.  I love having it to listen to the baby's heart beat and I wish I would have bought one during my first pregnancy.


Baby Bump Pictures:


Video update on my YouTube channel:

1 comment:

  1. You look great! I LOVE my doppler, it kept me sane during my pregnancy with Marley...especially after the miscarriages!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...