Friday, January 20, 2012

Morning Workout: Getting Back in the Groove

After a 5 week hiatus from running I am trying to ease back into it.  I am not concerned with doing sprint work or running the miles as fast as possible.  I am simply trying to get back into a regular workout routine to keep myself healthy through this pregnancy.  As I mentioned in my previous post I had a bad spell of morning sickness and therefore I put working out on the back burner for the past 5 weeks.  Now I am at the end of my 1st trimester and I am starting to feel good enough to slowly bring walking/jogging and other low impact exercise back into my daily life. 

This morning I did a 30 minute treadmill workout that incorporated a nice walking warm-up and then some walking/jogging/running intervals.  It looked like this:

It's crazy how out of shape you can get in just 5 weeks.  I felt out of breath and my knees felt a little sore during the workout.  Other than that it really felt amazing to get back on the treadmill.  It makes me feel so energetic!  Now I am going to go spend the rest of the day with Jason & Mollie.  Jason works 4 days a week and is always home on Fridays.  I love getting to spend three day weekends with him. 

Have a great weekend!! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Its a great workout I am looking forward to read your next great article... Nice article, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this treadmill workout today. I am trying to work on my running, so this might help. Thanks a lot :) Looking forward to following you :)

    Destini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning workouts works best for anyone , but in such busy schedule we usually don't get enough time to work out and relax ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...