Sunday, December 4, 2011

Weekend Workouts

Weekends can be such a struggle.  You work hard all week, you eat heatlhy and you get your workouts in religiously.  Then the weekend comes and you want to D-rail!  You throw the diet out the window and forget about exercising.  I used to do this to myself and then feel guilty Sunday night and tell myself, "Okay, I'll start over Monday".  I have worked really hard to find more of a balance for myself.  I like to have a treat on the weekend.  Whether it's Friday night pizza or ice cream on Sunday.  So in order to have those treats and still stay on track I feel that working out on the weekends is extremely important. 

I thought I would share my workouts from the past three days.  I like to switch it up so I don't get bored.  This weekend I did three complelety different workouts.  You might be thinking..."Well isn't the weekend only two days?"  NO!  I consider Friday part of the weekend too.  Friday is just the kick-off to the weekend and healthy choices need to start there. 

Friday 11.2.2011
Circuit Workout (about 25-30 minutes)
I read Peanut Butter Fingers blog on a daily basis.  I really relate to her type of workouts so I sometimes look to her for workout ideas when I'm not really sure what I feel like doing and need some inspiration.  I followed a circuit workout she had done with just a few changes.  You can find her original workout here.

Moving on...

Saturday 11.3.2011
Bike Ride
Jason was at a wrestling match watching our nephews (Carson & Brady) wrestle and Mollie was down for her afternoon nap so I decided to get in a quick workout.  We have a Nordic Track bike in our basement family room.  I fired up an episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills on the DVR and rode 10 miles.  I love watching TV while on the bike because the times just flies by. 
There is something about watching shows like this that make me thankful to have nice and loving people in my life.  These girls are NOT nice!!  Seriously entertaining though. ;)

Sunday 11.4.2011
Outside Run
It was cold today (22F) but the wind was minimal (8mph) so I took advantage and got outside for a run.  I did a 5.16 mile loop and listened to some new music I downloaded on my iPod.  My new add-ons to my playlist are: It Will Rain by Bruno Mars, Paradise by Coldplay, Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes ft. Adam Levine and We Found Love by Rihanna.

Now that I am finished with my 30 Day Running Challenge, it's been kind of nice not to have to run each day.  I enjoy doing different workouts and being able to change it up.  One big plus of doing that challenge is that I am in the habit of working out on a daily basis now.  I have not skipped a day since the challenge ended.  Even if it's just a quick 20-30 minute workout I feel like I need to do something each day.  It gives me energy and makes me feel really good when I stay active. 

What's your favorite workout to do when you can't go outside or can't get to the gym?

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your workout plan seems to be too interesting....Its really hit home for me. After reading this I decided to follow it and today is the first Saturday I'm not beating myself up for eating too much and not working out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...