Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday Run Day (Treadmill Intervals + Strength)

We had a friendly rivalry football game in our house today.  The Vikings played the Lions in Detroit this afternoon.  Jason is a Lions fan and I am a Vikings fan. Twice a year these two teams meet up, once in Minneapolis and once in Detroit.  When the Lions play any other team I am more than happy to cheer them on with Jason.  Just not against the Vikes!  Well they definitely gave us an exciting game.  The Vikings had a chance to score and win in the last few seconds of the game but the quarterback dropped the ball.  Big bummer!  On the plus side, Jason is happy because with this win for the Lions it has given them a chance to get into the playoffs.

Enough about football!  After the Vikings lost I needed a good workout to unwind.  I did a 30 minute interval run/walk on the treadmill followed by some strength training.  I am feeling extremely exhausted today so I had to muster up some motivation to keep going.  Once I got about halfway through my run I started to feel more energetic. 


We had gorgeous weather this weekend.  It is unusually warm for December and we don't have any snow on the ground...unheard of!  Yesterday I was able to get out for a 3 mile run and it was 40 degrees out!  Today was 43 degrees but the wind was blowing up to 25 mph so I decided to keep my workout indoors. 

I hope you had a great weekend!  What did you do to stay active?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...