Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Morning Sickness Remedies



I have been hit by the morning sickness bug and it's not a friendly little bug by any means.  I have skipped working out Monday and Tuesday now.  I started feeling queasy on Friday but I pushed through and worked out over the weekend anyway thinking it would help me feel better but the last two days it wasn't happening.  When I was pregnant with Mollie I remember being extremely exhausted the first trimester and I would take a two hour nap almost every day but I wasn't sick at all.  This pregnancy I have experienced the same fatigue but on top of it I have been nauseous almost the entire day for the past five days.  My sister says that means it's a boy because she wasn't sick at all with her baby girl and then when she was pregnant with her baby boy she was miserable.  Only time will tell! :)

So I thought it would be fun to do a little post on some remedies I have found while searching online for something to help make me feel better. 

1.  I don't know anything about these but I had to share it just because I thought the name sounded really fun!  Preggie Pop Drops!


2.  Beans?  Okay, I love beans so I'm willing to try this.  I found this info from The Marathon Mom blog.


Ginger Ale - Whenever I have an upset stomach I like carbonated drinks.  Seems strange but I'm going with what works for me!


Crackers are always a safe bet and a good thing to keep on hand.  I notice when my stomach is empty my nausea gets worse. 


So I read that sucking on lemons helps but I'm not sure I'm up for that.  I like them in my water, we'll start there!


Last but not least...SLEEP!  Bedtime is my favorite time of day right now.  I need more rest than ever right now.  I will take this advice and hit the sheets right now.  Goodnight! :)


3 comments:

  1. I had horrible morning sickness with both my boys :)

    Preggie pops made me feel more ick, but I think it was the flavor. I've heard they work for some. I'm a fan of the ginger ale and crackers. I also liked flaky dinner rolls.

    I hope the 1st trimester flies by for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! (:

    http://unleashingmymind.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is a good place to start when looking for morning sickness relief. Not all morning sickness remedies will work for you, but these are just a few remedies and comforts that have helped other women get through their days.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...