Monday, November 21, 2011

Favorite Things

I had the best intentions of doing a "fave things Friday" every Friday but I have missed the past 2 weeks!  Oops, so let's get caught up and post this on a Monday...who says we can't bend the rules a little?!

In no particular order and no specific subject, here are some of my favorite things right now!

1.  BOOTS!  One perk to the weather getting colder is getting to wear fun boots.  I recently ordered a pair online from JustFabulous.  It's a site where you take a quiz, they figure out your style and each month they give you a selection of shoes, purses and jewelry.  If you don't like anything in your showroom that month you just skip and pay nothing.  If you like something you pay just $39.95 and shipping is FREE!  I am also a memeber of ShoeDazzle (same exact concept as JustFabulous). 


2.  Treadmill Workouts
We officially have snow on the ground now so I have been doing my daily runs on the treadmill.  I get extremely bored if I don't have a run plan before jumping on.  Some days I sit down and make up my own or I search the internet for treadmill workouts and adjust the speeds to my fitness level.  I like to do lots of intervals between walking, running and sprinting, sometimes I add in some incline to really work the legs and tush! 

3.  Homemade Pumkin Puree
My sister-in-law grows an amazing garden during the Summer and I was lucky enough this Fall to receive some of her pumpkins.  I made pumpkin puree and stored it in zip lock bags in the freezer so I have plenty on hand to use in recipes for smoothies, fruits dips, mix with yogurt and to make yummy baked goods. 


4.  New Family Vehicle
Jason has had his 1998 GMC Yukon for 10 years and for the past two years he has been looking to get a new ride.  We finally took the plunge this past week and we bought a Cadillac Escalade and we are in love with it.  Mollie is especially liking the built in DVD player which came in handy on our four hour trip to Minneapolis this past weekend.  We watched Little Mermaid (my favorite) while Jason drove.  I think Mollie was more fond of Dr. Suess which I can't even count how many times that was played in a 24 hour period! ;)


5.  Peanut Butter on EVERYTHING!
I recently discovered the wonderful combination of peanut butter and cream cheese on whole wheat bread.  This is a fabulous treat after a hardcore morning run.  I ate this paired with some scrabled eggs topped with hot salsa.  (This meal was from the breakfast buffet at our hotel in Minneapolis.)

One more peanut butter bliss combo: whole grain Kashi waffles, topped with natural peanut butter, sliced apples, cinnamon and 100% pure maple syrup.  Stack it like a sandwich and enjoy with a fork.  Next time I will cut out one of the waffles, one is plenty.  My husband saw me eating this and immediately needed to have one himself.  Pure heaven in your mouth!

6.  Mollie's Accessories
I just think it's so stinking cute when Mollie has a bow in her hair or wears a hat.  Little girls are so adorable with accessories!

7.  Thanksgiving Week
I like this week for a number of reasons:  Jason and I only have to work three days, I am running an Turkey Day 5k and we get to spend Thanksgiving day with family eating really yummy food!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...