Monday, October 17, 2011

*Healthy Banana Bread or Muffins*

I had three bananas sitting on my counter that were in need of being used up and since I already have an abundance of frozen bananas I didn't want to freeze these ones.  I searched high and low for a good banana bread recipe that wasn't full of butter and sugar.  I finally stumbled across one from allrecipes.com and changed it up a bit to my liking.  You can find the original recipe by clicking here.








Here's my version of the recipe.

Healthy Banana Bread or Muffins

Mix in large bowl:
1/2 C Stevia
1/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C ground flax seed
1/4 C oat bran
3 large ripe bananas (smash with fork)
1 C unsweetened applesauce
1/4 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 C non-fat vanilla greek yogurt
2 tsp egg whites
1 C old fashioned oats
2 tsp ground cinnamon

Mix in small bowl:
1 3/4 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Optional Add-ins: 1/4 C chocolate chips, 1/4 cacao chips or 1/2 C raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 9x5 loaf pan or 2 muffin pans with cooking spray.  Mix large bowl and small bowl together.  Spoon in to loaf or muffin pans. 

Baking times may vary depending on your oven:
Muffins: 30-35 minutes
9x5 loaf: 55min -  1hr 10 min.

Try the toothpick trick:
**Baked goods can be tested with a skewer or a toothpick - stick it in the middle and if it comes out clean then it's ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...