Friday, October 28, 2011

Favorite Things Friday!

I have decided to start doing a weekly post each Friday on my favorite things of the moment.  Today I have 10 random items that I wanted to share so here we go!  In no peticular order...

1.  I'm rediculously addicted to the combo of Starbucks instant house blend coffee with French Vanilla Svelte Cal Naturale protein drink. (1 C coffee with 1/2 C Svelte). 

2.  My daughter, Mollie, who is now 18 months old is the most entertaining dancer I have ever seen.  Our dance parties in the living room had to be in my top 10 list this week.  I turn on the digital music channel on TV and we bust a move.  She doesn't judge me for my obnoxiously bad dance moves so it's all good!  Here's a little peek at Mollie's moves.


3.  Boots, tights & dresses!  I have been loving the Fall weather because I finally get to pair my dresses with some warm tights and cute boots.  My most resent splurge was a pair of Jessica Simpson boots I bought on our recent trip to Las Vegas.  They were super cute with black knit tights and a long sleeve dress I bought to wear to the Incubus concert while we were there. 



4.  Halloween weekend is here!  I am so excited to see all the kids dressed up in cute costumes.  My favorites are the babies and toddlers who get dressed up as little animals such a monkey or lion.  Last year Mollie was a baby duck, seriously adorable!

5.  Most recent iTunes downloads that I love:
Lil Wayne - How to Love
Jordan Sparks - I Am Woman
Jason Derulo - It Girl
Rihanna - Cheers (Drink to That)
LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem

6.  I'm really digging this cool Fall weather for running.  Okay, mornings not so much because it has been in the upper 20's around the 6 o'clock hour.  Brrrrr!  The afternoons are perfect though when it gets to the upper 40's.  I find that to be the ideal running temperature for me.  I like to bundle up a little and have cold air on my face.  Below is a picture of my ear warmer, this is a MUST when running in cold weather!  I bought this one at the The North Face store in Minneapolis, also available online here.


7.  My favorite sound right now is listening to Mollie talk.  She is starting to say new words every day.  This week she said please for the first time and it was so awesome!  She also tries to say "rock-a-bye" when she gets in the rocking chair in her room.  It's cute to hear her voice and it melts my heart.
Mollie's favorite thing: her new Cabbage Patch Doll named Paige.

8.  I'm trying to make an effort to drink more water and this week I was really loving it flavored with lemons or grapefruit.  My goal this week was to drink 100 oz. each day.
Water with strawberries and grapefruit - set in fridge overnight.

9.  I'm obsessed with bracelets right now!  I like to wear 2 or 3 bracelets mix matched.  I don't like them to be to matchy-matchy.  I really love this look I found on Pintrest:
and these are couple of my faves that I have now:
From left to right: forever 21, Lia Sophia & cancer bracelet my Mom gave me

10.  My hubby's new hair cut had to make the list!  He had been going for the longer, shaggy look for the past year which I loved.  He was ready for a change so when he got his hair cut this week the stylist went super short on the sides but leaving it longer on top.  Reminds me of Adam Lavine's (of Maroon Five) haircut.  I love it!

Coming next week: My favorite health foods. 

Have a great weekend!! :)



2 comments:

  1. Ethan was pointing at Mollie and dancing with her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari Love your blog, my name is Elina I just added you as my frind on face book, I really fell in love with TIU and now I want to stay in contact with the tiu members, I am also a mom and have big passion for fitness and healthy food. you can check me out on my blog at eatnbfit.com leave a comment if you do

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...