Sunday, September 18, 2011

*Peanut Butter Chocolate Coffee Smoothie*

Who doesn't love peanut butter, chocolate & coffee!?  Put them all together and I am in heaven. 

While vacationing in Arizona with my husband and daughter I had to check out a place called Gecko Espresso.  Jason, being the sweet man that he is, was googling Starbucks in the area we were staying.  The closest one was 15 minutes away so he continued searching and found this coffee shop one mile from the house.
I love the "beware of the attach gecko" sign on the wall. :)


When we went in to check it out we were greeted by the most friendly staff ever.  I wanted to bring this place back home with me!  They were so helpful in helping me choose the perfect drink.  After being asked a few questions the barista suggested a Peanut Butter Chocolate Freeze w/ a shot of espresso.  PERFECT!  I loved this drink so much that I decided I had to find a way to recreate it at home.  This coffee drink had the consistency of a milkshake.  My tastebuds were thanking the barista! 

Here is my version:
1 frozen banana (cut in pieces)
1 packet instant coffee (I prefer Starbucks VIA - any flavor)
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
3/4 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 T natural peanut butter (omit if you just want drink to be chocolate flavored)
1/2 C ice

Put all ingredients in blender and blend for one minute or until consistency is like a milkshake.  ENJOY immediately! :)





Walking trail - Gold Canyon, AZ


Hanging out in the house when the temps hit 108 and above :)

1 comment:

  1. Made this smootie this morning. It was amazing!!! Very very good. I also haded fiber and flax seeds.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...