Saturday, September 24, 2011

*Choco Cherry Coffee Protein Smoothie*

It's officially Fall!  That means my smoothie consumption will be slowing down since the weather is getting colder.  Not until the snow flies though!  Then it will be time make all sorts of yummy hot drinks. 

This morning was perfect to get out for a nice Fall run.  The weather was cool and the sun was shining.  I only logged 3 miles today because I just wanted a nice and easy run. 
Today's running path

Okay, now onto the scrumptous post-run smoothie!  I bought some cherry extract yesterday so I was chomping at the bit to come up with a great tasting smoothie with it.  I knew I wanted it to have coffee and protein powder in it so here's what I came up with:


Hot pink cup from Target <3

Choco Cherry Coffee Protein Smoothie
1 frozen banana (cut up into chunks)
1 packet instant coffee (8oz serving size)**
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
3/4 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 tsp cherry extract
1/2 C ice

Blend all ingredients (do not prepare coffee, just use the packet) 1-2 minutes until smooth and THICK!  Enjoy! :)

Today I used Starbucks VIA Vanilla instant coffee. **To make a healthier version just use regular instant coffee packets that don't have added sugar. 

I have one more recipe brewing in my head that I want to try with the cherry extract, it is a protein shake (no coffee).  Hopefully I will get to make it soon and post a successful recipe post!! :)


Update: (10.20.2011) Made this again today and added 1 tsp Stevia to make it a little bit sweeter.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...