Friday, July 15, 2011

*Mocha Green Monster*

Here is my spin on the Mocha Green Monster smoothie - I found the original recipe from Peanut Butter Fingers Blog (see links below).  This is a great blog, please check it out!!!



My version:
1 Scoop Chocolate Protein (I use Muscle Milk Light)
1 Handful of Spinach
1 Frozen Banana
1/2 C Almond Milk (unsweetened vanilla)
1/2 C double strength coffee
1/2 T cocoa powder
1/2 - 1 C ice (depends how thick you want it)

Blend until smooth!  I love this, you can't even see the spinach after blending and you can't taste it either.  I enjoy this in the morning after a workout...I have it as my breakfast and my coffee fix all in one! :)

ENJOY! :)


Original Recipe from Peanut Butter Fingers:
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder

  • 1 handful spinach

  • 1 frozen banana

  • 1 c. milk

  • 1/2 tbsp. cocoa powder

  • 1/2 packet instant coffee

  • 1 pinch xanthan gum (for thickening)


  • Check Julie out on Twitter, Peanut Butter Fingers Blog and Facebook!

    1 comment:

    1. ahhh i love making this, thanks to you and PB fingers :) when do u usually drink your smoothies?

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...