Thursday, July 21, 2011

*It's Not Just Another Wrap!*


I threw this together for lunch and it turned out so good that I just had to share it!  I did not make it with any meat but feel free to add chicken, tofu or whatever you choose.  

I buy these wraps in the mexican food aisle at the grocery store.  They are so much better than other high fiber low calorie wraps I have tried.  These are a nice big size and are soft so they are easy to wrap up.  They are made with EVOO , baked with 5 whole grains, have 12 grams (48% daily intake) of fiber and are only 100 calories!!!

Here is my secret to a good wrap...I use this spreadable Laughing Cow cheese (only 35 calores and 2g fat).  When I use this I don't feel like I need to add any sauce because it it nice and creamy.  That means NO extra calories or fat from cheese slices or mayo!


Whole grain quinoa...this stuff is amazing!  I just recently tried quinoa for the first time and now I am obsessed.  I eat it for breakfast like an oatmeal or I use it to substitute rice.  If you haven't ever had it, "google" it!  It's so good for you! :)


INGREDIENTS FOR WRAP
1 Wrap
Kale - about a handful torn up
1/4 Red Onion sliced
1/4 Red Pepper sliced
1/2 Lemon
1/4 C Quinoa - cook as directed on package
1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese
(I used Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomatoe & Basil Flavored)
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Chia Seed (optional)

Place skillet over Medium heat and drizzle in 1 T EVOO.  Add in Kale, Onion & Red Pepper.  When onions becomed softened add in cooked quinoa and chia seeds.  Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into skillet.  Stir for for about a minute to get everything incorporated and enough time to heat up the quinoa.  Spread wedge of Laughing Cow cheese onto wrap and top with veggie/quinoa mixture.   

Wrap up and eat while hot. *YUMMY*  Bon appetit! :)

**Use whatever veggies you have on hand, this is an easy recipe to change up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...