Wednesday, July 27, 2011

*Carrot Cake Protein Shake*

I have been craving carrot cake lately so I thought why not make it into a healthy shake!!!

This was so good that I almost drank the entire thing before realizing I hadn't taken a picture yet!  So I poured what was left (about 1/3 of it) into a clear glass and here it is...

Carrot Cake Smoothie
1 C cooked carrots diced (I used canned carrots to save time)
1 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 C ice cubes
1/2 tsp cinnamon (add some nutmeg too if you like)
1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp Stevia or Truvia
1 T flax seed, wheat germ or chia seeds (this is optional)

Blend well and drink up! 

This was so good!  I even shared it with my 15 month old daughter, she couldn't get enought!  Want to add some fruit to it?  Try 1/2 a frozen banana! :)

2 comments:

  1. mmmm!!! This sounds amazing!!! I'm definitely going to have to try it!!! Thanks for posting this!!!

    Hope you're having a great week!!!

    XOXO, CC

    http://thecupcakecartel.blogspot.com

    https://twitter.com/CupcakeKissesxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way? Definitely have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...